Jen Brickey: Coach, Entrepreneur, Motivator, Rock Star
Wow, a lot has happened in the last year. I started Women’s Basketball Performance to provide a platform for female basketball players with strength and conditioning to help them get stronger, faster, more explosive and stay injury free but it turned into so much more.
My vision now is to provide an online platform for female basketball players but also female athletes that provides world-class coaching, empowers them, builds their confidence and supports them with nutrition, sports psychology, mental toughness, eating disorders, just to name a few topics.
I am the creator of The Women’s Basketball Summit and The Complete Women’s Basketball Strength and Conditioning Program. Currently, I am the head strength and conditioning coach at Concord Academy in Concord, Mass and the head coach and owner of Fusion Workouts, a kettlebell and sports performance gym in Newton, Mass
Throughout my coaching and training career, I have held numerous certifications:
- NSCA-CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist)
- NASM-CPT (Certified Personal Trainer)
- CK-FMS (Certified Kettlebell and Functional Movement Specialist) – Was the 1st women in Massachusetts to hold this certification
- RKC (Russian Kettlebell Challenge)
- FMS 1 and 2 (Functional Movement Specialist)
- Primal Move Instructor
- IYCA- Youth Fitness Specialist
I attended Hofstra University in Long Island, NY on a full athletic scholarship where I received my bachelor of science in exercise science.
I had a pretty good high school and college basketball career, here are a few of basketball accomplishments:
At Hofstra University: 1999-2003
- First-team all-conference (CAA) senior year, 2003
- Second team all-conference sophomore (America East) and junior year (CAA), 2001 and 2002
- All-rookie team (America East), 2000
- 3rd all-time leading scorer at Hofstra, scored 1724 points
- 2nd all-time in 3 pointers made
- 3rd all-time for points per game, 18.6 (2001)
- 2nd all-time in free throw percentage, 88% (2001)
- Featured in the book “Hofstra Athletics”
- 4th all-time in points in one game, 36
- All New York Metro First Team, 2003
High School at Nashua High School: 1996-1999
- 2X New Hampshire Gatorade Player of the Year in 97 and 99
- 2X Class L State Championships in NH
- 1000+ point scorer in high school
If I can help you in any way, please reach out.
Dedicated to your success,